Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bath Time Strategy

Sigh.  I don't really like taking baths.  I have figured out, though, that if you have to take one, there are some things you can do to make it easier to bear.  For example, I like to sit still.  This way, all the water goes where it's supposed to every time and we get through it really quick.  I like that!  I also figured out that if I tilt my head up when Mom washes my face, neither soap nor water ever gets in my eyes.  She got excited when I figured that out and called me a Very good Dog; but that's just common sense, I think.

Hm.  Why do they call it "taking" a bath?  You can't give it back.  I guess they call it that because you can't really refuse to be given one...I would if I could!

I think it's really funny how Mom and I trade.  When we start, she's clean and (she says) Im' dirty; by the time we're done, I'm clean (as a whistle, which is strange - how can a noise be clean?) and she's got lots of my dirt on her.  I think this is a very funny trick.

The funnest part comes afterwards, when we play the towel game; Mom attacks me with a towel and I tug and play on it like the fierce dog I am.  And then at the end of the game, I'm dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment