Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Full Morning

Today Mom went to Flim Flam.  I don't know what that is, but she smells like pancakes and bacon when she comes back from it, so I like it.

When she came back, it was time for my breakfast.  I was sort of dreading it because my food is really, really nasty.  It's a lot like licking dirty skunk feet, but worse.  I keep not eating it, but she keeps giving it to me, and I'm really hungry, so most days I just have to suck it up.  But today was different!  She mixed some new food into my bowl!  Man, that stuff was tasty!  I like it so much I eat it like treats.  I didn't even mind that she mixed it into my regular food.  I figured out that if I took a big mouthful from the bowl and set it down on the floor, I could just pick out the new stuff and eat it.  Yay!  No more skunk feet food!

That's a really big adventure for one day, but I've already had another one.  When I came to live with my Mom, she gave me my very own Blankey.  It's just my size and I really like laying on it.  Mom knows how much I like it so she moves it when she moves around in the house so I can be with both Blankey and Mom.  I don't even mind when she washes it (though to be honest, I don't know why she does; she seems to take it away when it starts smelling really interesting).  The thing is, sometimes she forgets to move Blankey into the room where she is.  Then I have to make a hard decision: do I hang out with Mom, or do I lay on Blankey??

But guess what: today I got a new Blankey!  It's a little different; it's a sheet, folded up; but it's my favorite kind of material to chew, and Mom said that since it's mine, I'm allowed to chew it.  I asked her very nicely if I could chew her pants, and she said no.  That kind of hurt my feelings, and secretly made me a little mad.  But then I started chewing on new-Blankey, and I didn't mind about the pants any more.  Don't you just love chewing the thing you lay on?  And now I can be with Mom AND Blankey, all the time!

I think I get to take a nap for the rest of the day.  What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment